Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Emergency & Critical Care
Pet Loss and Bereavement Support
Rehabilitation & Pain Management
Theriogenology (Reproductive Medicine)
Click here to subscribe to
our email newsletter.
Behavior problems are the most common reason that people give up their pets. The good news, however, is that most animal behavior problems respond successfully to behavior modification techniques combined with changes in the way that owners manage their pets - preserving that special bond between a pet and its family.
The Services We Provide
Staffed by specialty trained behavioral veterinarians as well as a highly skilled behavior technician, our Behavior Department provides extensive services to help to resolve animal behavior problems:
- Thorough evaluation in order to make a correct diagnosis and identify appropriate therapies
- Development of a comprehensive treatment plan that includes humane, science-based behavior modification and progressive training methods
- Drug therapy for underlying anxiety and other issues
- Careful coaching of each pet parent to establish realistic goals and expectations, and teach how to change his/her own behavior to prevent recurrences
The Conditions We Treat
The Behavior Department at NorthStar VETS commonly treats pets that are referred with these issues:
- Aggression toward people or other animals
- Separation anxiety
- Generalized anxiety
- Elimination disorders (inappropriate urination or voiding)
- Noise phobias/thunder phobia
- Ingestive (eating) disorders
- Repetitive behavior
- Unruly behavior
- Inappropriate attention-seeking behavior
- Mounting behavior
To Make a Referral or Schedule a Consultation with Our Behavioral Experts
Simply call us at 609.259.8300. We have both extended and brief appointments available (brief appointments for follow-up and "diagnosis-only" cases).
Jessica Melici - Client Liaison
Pet Parents: Contact Jessica Melici at 609-259-8300 x1201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment and get all pre-consultation paperwork set up.
Veterinarians: Contact Jessica with questions about in-hospital cases, or to connect with a surgeon to discuss a pending case. You can also refer a case online.