Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Emergency & Critical Care
Pet Loss and Bereavement Support
Rehabilitation & Pain Management
Theriogenology (Reproductive Medicine)
Click here to subscribe to
our email newsletter.
Until just a few years ago, surgery was the only way to see inside your pet to diagnose and treat certain conditions. Today, interventional radiology (IR) and endoscopy techniques offer a minimally invasive alternative - along with the advantages of smaller incisions, less pain, shorter anesthesia times and hospital stays, and a faster recovery.
- An interventional radiologist uses advanced imaging equipment (fluoroscopy, CT, ultrasound and MRI) to see inside the body and guide procedures
- Interventional endoscopy (IE) involves the use of a long, thin tube with a light and video camera to visualize the inside of the body and perform procedures
At NorthStar VETS, our team of specially trained interventional radiology and endoscopy specialists has the expertise to diagnose and treat a growing number of conditions that affect companion animals - without traditional surgery.
The Conditions We See
Among the conditions that our IR and IE experts treat are:
- Blood clots
- Canine incontinence
- Kidney, ureteral and bladder stones
- Liver disorders
- Nasopharyngeal stenosis (narrowing of the nasal cavity)
- Tracheal (windpipe) collapse
- Various tumors (benign and cancerous)
The Services We Provide
The advanced IR and IE procedures currently available at NorthStar VETS include:
- Endoscopic-assisted gastropexy (suturing of the stomach to the abdominal wall)
- Hydraulic occluder for refractory urinary incontinence
- Intrahepatic portosystemic shunt
- Nasopharyngeal tent for nasopharyngeal stenosis (both benign and malignant)
- Percutaneous cystolithotomy (minimally invasive bladder stone removal)
- Tracheal stents for tracheal (windpipe) collapse and tracheal malformations
- Ureteral stents
- Urethral stents for benign and malignant urethral strictures
If you are a veterinarian and have questions, or would like to discuss a specific case, please call us at 609.259.8300. Or take a look at some case studies that illustrate how our IR/IE expertise has benefited clients' pets:
If you are a pet parent and think your pet has a condition that could benefit from interventional radiology or endoscopy, please ask your veterinarian contact us to discuss it further.