Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Emergency & Critical Care
Pet Loss and Bereavement Support
Rehabilitation & Pain Management
Theriogenology (Reproductive Medicine)
Laser Disc Ablation
Click here to subscribe to
our email newsletter.
Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Gum disease (gingivitis and the more severe periodontitis) is the most diagnosed disease in dogs and cats. In fact, by the age of four, 80 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats will show signs of dental disease.
If left untreated, gum disease not only can cause bad breath, tooth decay, and tooth loss, but once the bacteria gains access to internal organs through diseased gums, more serious health problems like heart, liver and kidney disease may follow.
A growing number of studies suggest that the healthier the mouth, the healthier the pet. That's why seeing your regular veterinarian for routine dental cleanings and check-ups is an important part of good pet care.
Should your dog or cat need more advanced dental care or oral surgery, NorthStar VETS provides a full range of services from specialists in animal dentistry.
The Services We Provide
Our animal dentistry and oral surgery team provides these advanced services:
- Endodontic treatment
- Root canal therapy
- Vital pulp therapy
- Surgical root canal therapy
- Periodontal treatment
- Professional dental cleaning
- Closed and open root planing
- Advanced periodontal surgery
- Crown lengthening procedures for tooth fractures that extend below the gingival margin
- Oral surgery
- Surgical extractions, including full mouth extractions for stomatitis patients
- Minimally invasive jaw fracture repair
- Oral surgical oncology, including oral tumor biopsy, mandibulectomy, maxillectomy
- Repair of cleft palate defects and oronasal fistulas
- Muscle biopsy for suspected masticatory myositis cases
- Full metal crowns for fractured teeth
- Three-quarter crowns for cage-biter's wear
- Radiography (x-rays) and CT scan
simply call us at 609.259.8300.
And, read these case studies to see how our dentistry services made a real difference in the lives of these animals:
- Canine orthodontics (doggie braces)
- Feline stomatitis (full mouth extraction to treat this oral disease)
- K-9 Cop gets tooth repaired (tooth fracture)
To make a referral or schedule a consultation with our Dentistry and Oral Surgery Department,
simply call NorthStar VETS at 609.259.8300.
Beverly Starr - Client Liaison
Pet Parents: Contact Beverly Starr at 609-259-8300 x1202 or at email@example.com to schedule your appointment and get all pre-consultation paperwork set up.
Veterinarians: Contact Beverly with questions about in-hospital cases, or to discuss a pending case. You can also refer a case online.