Resources & Links
Vet-I-Care is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization committed to helping families secure the resources required to provide much needed specialty and emergency care for their pets.
- New Jersey Veterinary Medical Association (NJVMA)
NJVMA is a professional association representing the state's veterinarians and dedicated to advancing the veterinary profession in New Jersey. NorthStar VETS is a proud member of the NJVMA.
- ASPCA Pet Health Insurance
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance is offered by the Hartville Group through its licensed subsidiary, Petsmarketing Insurance.com Agency, Inc. In 2006, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(R) (ASPCA(R)) chose Hartville--one of the oldest and largest pet insurance providers in the US--as its only strategic partner for pet insurance.
- Embrace Pet Insurance
Embrace provides one simple yet comprehensive plan to cover your dog or cat against unexpected accidents and illnesses. You can choose your annual maximum, deductible, and reimbursement percentage.
- Figo Pet Insurance
Figo is the first cloud-based pet insurance company. With our Pet Cloud and mobile app, managing your pet's life has never been so easy.
- PetPlan Pet Insurance
Petplan is much more than a pet insurance company. They are dedicated to providing pet parents with the support, resources and tools they need to keep their pets, not just surviving, but thriving long into old age. Simply put, they aim to be the kind of company that will make our pets proud.
Trupanion is dedicated to providing you with the best pet insurance plan possible in order to help easily and safely protect your pets. This is their promise to you. They will provide one simple plan that covers accidents, illnesses, diagnostic testing, surgeries, medications, and lab work. Your plan will be easy for both you and your veterinarian to use.
- VPI Pet Insurance
More than three decades ago, a group of veterinarians banded together with one goal in mind: to help pets. These pioneers wanted to make sure pet owners everywhere could afford the best possible veterinary care for their pets, and VPI Pet Insurance was born.
- ABC Authorized Hospital
NorthStar VETS accepts externs from the Animal Behavior College for clinical rotation.
- Enrichment Toys for Senior Dogs
Dogs with canine cognitive dysfunction can still have enriching lives. There is evidence that enrichment can help delay the progress of dog dementia.
- No walks? No worries!
Not a lot of advice is available regarding appropriate mental and emotional support for dogs while their usual exercise is limited, and owners are left to manage as best they can, which can be stressful for everyone.
A veterinary specialist, as recognized by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), is a graduate veterinarian who has successfully completed the process of board certification in an AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization (i.e., board or college). To become board-certified, a veterinarian must have extensive post-graduate training and experience and pass a credential review and examinations set by the given specialty organization.
The following specialty organizations certify veterinary specialists:
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American Board of Veterinary Toxicology
- American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- American College of Poultry Veterinarians
- American College of Theriogenologists
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Microbiologists
- American College of Veterinary Nutrition
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American College of Zoological Medicine
- American Veterinary Dental College