Dentistry and Oral Surgery
Emergency & Critical Care
Rehabilitation & Pain Management
Click here to subscribe to
our email newsletter.
New clients: Register your pet with NorthStar VETS online
When advanced surgery is necessary, your pet is in the best of hands at NorthStar VETS. With more than 70 years of collective experience, our board-certified veterinary surgery team has a depth and breadth of expertise that is unsurpassed in this region.
- In addition to offering traditional "open" surgical procedures, our surgeons have advanced training in minimally invasive techniques for smaller incisions, less blood loss and a faster recovery for your pet
- We're also on the cutting edge with such advances as stem cell therapy and platelet-rich plasma for treating arthritis
- Our sophisticated on-site diagnostic imaging equipment ensures the most accurate pre-surgical planning and comprehensive postoperative management
The Surgical Services We Offer
From the most routine surgical procedure to the most complex, NorthStar VETS offers a full range of surgical services on an elective as well as 24/7 emergency basis. Click on the links below to learn more about some of the specific procedures our surgeons perform:
- Soft tissue surgery
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary (liver & gallbladder)
- Oncologic (cancer) and reconstructive surgery
- Urinary tract surgery
An Exceptional Surgical Department
Our Surgery Department is a big part of the reason NorthStar VETS earned the 2012 Veterinary Economics Hospital Design of the Year award. It includes:
- Four state-of-the-art surgical suites
- Recovery and ICU areas with radiant floor heating and heated cages for the animals
- Around-the-clock staffing by skilled and caring veterinarians and veterinary technicians who carefully monitor your pet's vital signs
Modern Pain Management to Keep Your Pet Comfortable
Keeping your pet comfortable during and after surgery is one of our highest priorities, and we use the most current pain management techniques:
- Constant rate infusions
- Injectable medications
- Nerve and joint blockade/local anesthetics
- Oral medications
- Spinal or epidural administration of analgesics
- Transdermal narcotics
An Attentive, Caring Environment for You, Too
We understand that having your pet undergo surgery can be stressful. Rest assured that at NorthStar VETS:
- We'll go over the procedure with you in advance, step by step, so you fully understand what to expect
- We'll call you with a status report as soon as your pet is out of the operating room and in recovery
- We have a special "comfort room" for pet parents to visit with their hospitalized animals
We also feel it's important to keep your family veterinarian involved and informed throughout your pet's hospitalization and recovery.
Journal Article Publications
- Dr. Timothy Ericksen Dome Trochleoplasty Journal Article
- Dr. Gregory Zuendt Total Hip Arthoplasty Journal Article
simply call NorthStar VETS at 609.259.8300.
Jessica Maziarz - Client Liaison
Pet Parents: Contact Jessica at 609-259-8300 x1201, or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment and get all pre-consultation paperwork set up.
Veterinarians: Contact Jessica with questions about in-hospital cases, or to discuss a pending case. You can also refer a case online.